6 Issues Small Businesses Will Face in 2014
1. Content Marketing Dominates - To position your business as an expert resource, you need to create content that speaks to your audience, helping them determine the best route to take. What this means for small businesses is that you need to have a blog if you don’t already have one and you must keep adding new, fresh content regularly. Blogs convert readers into buyers. 42% of consumers look to blogs for information about potential purchases; 52% say blogs have impacted their purchase decisions. According to Hubspot’s 2013 State of Inbound Marketing, almost 80% of marketers with a company blog have acquired new customers.
2. Integrated Marketing Plan - Now with all the varying online activities – email marketing, social media marketing, content marketing, mobile marketing, search marketing – you need one place where you define what you will be doing and in what time frame.
3. Mobile - If your company hasn’t gone mobile yet, 2014 is the time to do so. More and more customers are relying on their mobile devices for research and purchasing; failing to accommodate that could ultimately lead to failure of your business.
4. Innovation - Just keeping your head above water is tough for many small businesses, but you also need to find the time and budget to innovate new products and services as well as new marketing strategies. How will you balance your current offering with innovation in 2014?
5. Time - Time is a constant struggle for small business owners. You need time to operate your business, time for friends and family, and time for you. Find your “me” time in 2014 by developing a strategic approach to overcoming the year’s challenges.
6. Simplicity in Marketing - Buyers are looking for trustworthy information that helps them easily and efficiently weigh their purchase options. Too many options and messages can paralyze decision making, encouraging the buyer to look at your competitors.
Keep your marketing simple. It will help both you and your prospective customer.
If you’d like to learn more and set up a time to meet you can find me at SIXCIA.COM. Until next time, hasta luego!
For FREE business tips join my mailing list at www.SIXCIA.com or call me now at (US) 1+401-749-2428 to set up a time to meet.